FlipGive is a free team funding platform that leverages the power of shopping to raise money for groups and teams. FlipGive allows almost anybody (see restrictions below) to enter this Challenge and have an equal chance of winning. You can always enter this Challenge for free.
WHEN YOU SUPPORT YOUR TEAM BY EARNING CASH BACK THROUGH SHOPPING, WE GIVE YOU ENTRIES INTO THE RANDOM DRAW. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CHALLENGE. VOID WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
The Challenge entry period begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on Sunday, March 1st, 2020 (“Challenge Start Date”) and closes at 11:59 p.m. EST on Tuesday, March 31st, 2020 (“Challenge Close Date”).
HOW TO ENTER THIS CHALLENGE.
FlipGive offers two different ways to enter this Challenge.
- Support your Team. Shop with an affiliated FlipGive merchant partner through your FlipGive Team page or the purchase of gift cards from flipgive.com.
- Enter for Free. Go to the our Alternative Mode of Entry here. Fill out the form before the deadline.
Important Note: You can do both There is no purchase necessary to enter this contest. You can complete both entry options, meaning you can shop AND fill out the form.
One entry is granted for each Entry action completed during the Challenge period. Regardless of how you enter, the maximum number of entries for any one person is restricted to 10.
A $5,000.00 Team Credit will be awarded to the Winner’s Team of choice. The Challenge prize will be awarded through a random draw of all entrants. The $5000.00 FlipGive Credit will be awarded in the currency of the selected Team’s country of origin. Team beneficiaries must be approved by FlipGive.com administrators. Prizes will be awarded only to Teams in which the beneficiary has been approved.
WHO CAN ENTER THIS CHALLENGE?
To be eligible for the Shop To Win Challenge, you must be a verifiable legal resident of Canada or the USA, who has reached the age of majority in your province or territory or state of residence at the Challenge Start Date. You are not eligible if you are an employee of FlipGive or its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, promotional and public relations agencies, or a member of the immediate family or household of such employees. For the purposes of these Rules, “member of the immediate family” means spouse, including common law spouse, father, mother, son, daughter, brother and sister of the entrant, regardless of where they reside. Entrants must be natural persons. The Challenge is void where prohibited or restricted by local, state or federal law.
WHEN CAN I ENTER THIS CHALLENGE?
The start and end date for this Challenge is March 1st, at 12:01am 2020 through March 31st, 2020 at 11:59 pm EST.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I WON?
Sponsor will determine which Team Member will be awarded the Challenge prize (“Winner"). The Winner will be notified no later than April 7th, 2020. Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential Winner will be notified by phone and/or email. The potential Winner will be required to execute and return to Sponsor a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and/or a Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) (an “Affidavit/Release”) in the form(s) provided in order to claim the prize. The Affidavit/Release must be returned by the date and/or time indicated within the Affidavit/Release. If the potential Winners cannot be contacted within five (5) days of the first attempt to contact the potential Winners, or if the potential Winner fails to return the Affidavit/Release within the specified time, or if any bonus or bonus notification is returned as undeliverable, or if the potential Winner is found to be ineligible, or if the potential Winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential Winner may be disqualified.
HOW DO I KNOW THIS IS FOR REAL?
These Official Rules are available to participants at https://www.flipgive.com/pages/STW-Challenge-Terms or by sending a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to “Shop to Win Challenge 2020” C/O FlipGive, 325 Front St. West 4 th floor, M5V 2Y1, Toronto, ON Canada
To request the name of the winner, send a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to “Shop to Win Challenge 2020” C/O FlipGive, 325 Front St. West 4th floor, M5V 2Y1, Toronto, ON Canada. Requests must be received by April 30th, 2020.
The sponsor of the Challenge and the address at which the Sponsor may be contacted is “Shop to Win Challenge 2020” C/O 325 Front St. West 4th floor, M5V 2Y1, Toronto, ON Canada.
AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS.
By participating in the Challenge, each Team fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the approval of fundraising Teams and beneficiaries, and the awarding of prizes), which are final and binding in all respects.
Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Challenge constitutes the Winner’s consent to Sponsor use of the Winners’ name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, opinions, statements, hometown, state/province and country for Challenge purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, notice, review or consent.
A FEW MORE TERMS YOU NEED TO KNOW.
- The decisions of the Sponsors are final and participants agree to abide by all of the instructions and decisions of the Sponsors. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these official challenge rules, the decision or interpretation of the Sponsors shall prevail. The Challenge Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual from the Challenge, and to ban that individual from any future Challenge of the Sponsor, if the Sponsor finds or believes such individual to be tampering with the registration process or the operation of the Challenge or where applicable, the Website; to be acting in violation of the Challenge rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Sponsor, the Sponsor's agencies, other participants or any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR(S) RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REPORT ANY SUCH VIOLATION TO THE APPLICABLE AUTHORITIES AND TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Sponsor, Prize Providers, Charities and Promotional Partners (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/internet/website/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, typographical, or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information.
- By entering this Challenge you agree: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be binding and final; (b) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (c) to waive all of your rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with that sweepstakes; and (d) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with your participation in a sweepstakes (including any Prize).
- In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the email address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses
- The Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Challenge if, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Challenge, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Challenge. In such event, the Sponsor reserve the right (but do not have the obligation) in their sole discretion to award prize to an eligible, non-suspect entry received up to the time of suspected impairment. The Sponsor reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual or Team they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Challenge or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Challenge is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of these.
The Winner and Potential Winner agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Challenge, or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or provincial court located in Toronto, ON, Canada; the Winners submit to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the Province of Ontario for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Challenge but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will the Winners be permitted to obtain awards for and the Winners hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the winning team or Sponsor in connection with the Challenge shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the Province of Ontario, Canada, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Ontario. This Challenge is subject to all applicable laws and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario. Any dispute or claim made by a party shall be filed in the judicial district of Toronto, Ontario to the exclusion of any other jurisdiction.