FlipGive Stories FlipGive

Band of Heroes: How Gap Is Stepping Up To Support Hospital Networks and Communities Impacted by COVID-19

May 07 2020

It's a new week of #BandofHeroes, where we love to celebrate positive news from our partners in response to the on-going Coronavirus Pandemic. Up next, a brand that has been a staple in our wardrobes for decades: Gap. Read on to learn more about how the company is stepping up to respond to the needs of hospital networks and local communities like yours.

Providing Millions of Medical Supplies to Hospital Networks

Gap Inc has announced a series of initiatives to support the healthcare system. Firstly, the retailer has been relying on its supply chain and vendor relationships to respond immediately to COVID-19 by shipping personal protective equipment to hospitals in need. Gap has an entire team cross-functional brand dedicated to connect hospitals and vendors across their global supply chain to urgently respond to the greatest needs in the Bay Area and California hospitals. Additionally, the brand announced that it has started prototyping and planning to produce personal protective equipment with their own resources. The retailer is planning to pivot production and use their excess garment capacity to start making millions of masks and protective scrubs for front-line healthcare workers.

Gap's distribution centers has also been reaching out to local emergency responders to offer free storage space for emergency supplies in their warehouses.

Read more here.

Donating over $1 million to Support Communities

The Gap Foundation will also be donating over $1 million to non-profit organizations to support in the relief and recovery from the effects of the Coronavirus pandemic. These donations include:

• The COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund created by the UN Foundation to aid the World Health Organization’s global efforts,
  • Local COVID-19 response funds in the Bay Area and New York City where the retailer is headquartered.
  • Unrestricted grants to several longtime nonprofit partners that are directly supporting families and communities in need.

Read more here.

These are only a few new initiatives that Gap is doing to respond to communities they serve during this time. To date, Gap has also given over $286,041.20 to local youth sports teams in North America through FlipGive.

Comments

• Andru Burla 6 months ago

I want to recommend a good site, because I think that good should be shared and therefore I recommend that you go and buy what you need on this site, from simple rolling tray to really working medicine, like CBD, so you better hurry, otherwise suddenly All the goods that you would like will simply be sold out.

• Jelly Bombilo 6 months ago

Hello everyone, if we are talking about cbd products, I have a few questions for you. First, what do you think about cannabis products and second, where do you usually buy cbd products?

• Pugh Espinoza 6 months ago

This support of hospital networks has really shocked me, in a good way of course. Of course, the home lower back traction devices are also for hospital support, but not to this extent. Nonetheless, these traction devices are absolutely brilliant.

• Adam Haynes 6 months ago

At the moment I don't know how to get rid of this agony and I asked my sister for advice having suffered the same problem in her leg. She recommended me to visit this page torch diamond thc-o to choose a good remedy that will reduce my injury. I compared all the drugs presented in this store and bought one that helped me to decrease my suffering after a few hours from the very beginning of use. I think that the products of this company are good supplements like painkillers. If you are still looking for such a remedy, you can also check out this site and probably order a product.

• Pugh Espinoza 6 months ago

people want quick solutions and they want to fix some issues on their own such as insurance for covid 19 health conditions. They can look for them on the internet if they want to improve their skills regarding the best technological gadgets and can search for primary care physicians in phoenix az. They can also work for companies at a low cost as it will help both parties.

• Pugh Espinoza 7 months ago

I would like to say thanks to this website for giving me gold information about the impact of viruses and Health Supplements Online. I would highly recommend this website.

• Michael Scott 9 months ago

I think that the virus has had a detrimental effect on all areas of our lives. But most of all, it affected my psychological state. I often feel depressed and look for any way to fix it. I started using free chat with men to find someone with a common interest. I can always count on a good time and a hot company.