How To Run A Recycling Drive

Dec 14 2017

One option to raise funds in a “green” and environmentally conscious way is to organize a recycling drive for members of your community or school. Recycling drives are simple, and can raise your team a lot of money, but you should be prepared for a whole lot of leg work. Recycling drives can be run by groups of any age, and do a lot to help the environment.

How your fundraiser raises money:

How much your fundraiser raises largely depends on how much your city pays for recyclables. Most states have a refund policy, and will pay a set amount per bottle or can, and often other recyclable items. Make sure to check your city’s guidelines to find out what their policy is.

What you’ll need for your fundraiser:

All that’s needed for your fundraiser is volunteers, a collection place, and sorting areas to separate recyclables and make transferring easier. Think about the weather when you’re choosing the location for your recycling drive. If you are running your fundraising event in the winter, best to host it indoors, like at a school gym. It’s less than ideal, because recyclables are often garbage. If you do run it inside, make sure you have a few volunteers to help you with the cleanup after your fundraiser is done. If you’re running your fundraising event during the warmer months, a school parking lot is a perfect option.

Transporting your items:

Make sure you have access to larger vehicles in order to transport your recyclables.

What you need to know before your fundraiser starts:

-Ask your local recycling centre what the requirements are for dropping off items. The last thing you want is to be stranded with all of these items that your local centre won’t accept.

-Have your fundraisers bring working gloves and wear sturdy shoes. When working with glass and other recyclables, it’s most likely that a few things will break along the way.

Publicizing your fundraiser:

Post flyers for your fundraiser a few weeks in advance and have bins around your community centre or school where supporters can drop off items if they can’t make your fundraising event. ​

Comments

• ahmed raza about 7 hours ago

I am always searching online for storys that can accommodate me. There is obviously a multiple to understand about this. I feel you made few salubrious points in Attributes moreover. Detain busy, awesome career! hypnosis near me

• ahmed raza 13 days ago

When decorating an apartment, choosing a theme is a great way to coordinate the types of decor you will buy from the bedding to the art. Here's our list of the best modern apartment decor ideas. If you're looking for other themes, we have ideas from pink and rustic to blue and bohemian. apartment bed covers

• ahmed raza 23 days ago

Profit primarily prime quality items -- you can understand them all within: แทงบอล

• ahmed raza 28 days ago

Below you will understand what is important, the idea provides one of the links with an exciting site: wrap around machines

• ahmed raza about 1 month ago

This is very useful, although it will be important to help simply click that web page link: Orlando Home Renovations

• ahmed raza about 1 month ago

Such sites are important because they provide a large dose of useful information ... Tampa Termite Treatment

• ahmed raza about 1 month ago

Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have. Orlando Pest Control

• ahmed raza about 1 month ago

I use basically superior fabrics : you will discover these products by: Tampa Pest Control

• ahmed raza about 2 months ago

So it is interesting and very good written and see what they think about other people. 안전놀이터

• ahmed raza about 2 months ago

I would recommend my profile is important to me, I invite you to discuss this topic. australia mobile call forwarding

• Gee Branzy 5 months ago

Bigger access
    cryotherapy spokane

• Gee Branzy 5 months ago

Great tips!
    storage sheds amarillo

• Lavada Mcquarrie 6 months ago

I appreciate the efforts of Umzugshelfer aus Berlin, I think they did an amazing job by starting a fundraising campaign, you can visit their web page for further details.

• Jacky Min 9 months ago

If you are running your fundraising event in the winter, best to host it indoors, like at a school gym. | San Ramon Patio Contractor