Tournament season is right around the corner, and you want to do everything you can to make sure that your players are prepped, and everything runs as smoothly as possible. Your team has been practicing all year, but there’s still a few things that you can do to prepare them even more for success. Here are our top tips to make game-day a little less stressful.
The week before the game:
- Make a detailed list of everything you’ll need for the tournament. A week in advance seems like a long time, but you’ll find that everyday you’ll add something to the list that you would have otherwise forgotten.
- Purchase any new equipment that you’re going to need for the game. It’s not ideal to have brand new equipment, but if you need it, at least your player will have a week to break their new gear in.
- Cut back on the intensity of your athletes training. Resting up is a huge part of a successful tournament. Tournaments take a whole lot out of players, so it’s best not to train too hard the week before.
The night before the game:
- Pack up the car the night before. Packing up the night before reduces a huge amount of stress. No matter how early you wake up, there’s still a lot of pressure to get out of the house. put everything you can in the car the night before. That means gear, clothes, and non-perishable food items like granola bars and drinks.
- Do not exercise. The night before the big game is all about resting up. If your athlete needs something to offset the jitters, suggest deep stretching, which can be helpful on game day.
- Have an early night. This is an obvious one, but get to bed early the night before the big game. Rest is crucial for performing at your athletic best.
GAME DAY (yeah!):
- Eat a big, carb-filled breakfast to fuel the day, and pack healthy lunches and snacks for the tournament. If a game is going longer than an hour, give your athlete a carbohydrate like a granola bar to keep their energy up.
- Arrive early: It’s best to get to the tournament 30 minutes to one hour before the tournament starts. A good mental state of mind is a significant factor in any tournament, and arriving early is an easy way to reduce stress.
- Tournaments are an awesome way for players to develop their skill, have fun, and meet other players with the same passion for their sport. So just. enjoy. the game. Have a light-hearted chat with the other parents. Cheer loudly from the sidelines. Schedule an out-of-town team event or a team dinner.
By this time, your tournament schedules should have been shared (and if they haven't, ask coach or the
team manager most dedicated parent in the bunch), which means inter-city/state travel plans should have been booked already. But if you haven't yet, here's a convenient list of travel sites, rental car options and hotels that give cash back to your team.
Your travel and entertainment plans during tournament season can help offset the costs of tournament season with FlipGive.
Good luck and safe travels to you and your young athletes!
Mohammad Fahad Alam 3 months ago
If you're like most of us, you'll be spending a lot of time in front of your computer over the next few months.
Whether it's watching games or playing them yourself, there's no better way to enjoy the experience than with an esports tournament.
There are several different types of tournaments out there for every kind of player. From casual offline events to high-stakes online qualifiers, we've got you covered with everything you need to know about this exciting new trend in gaming! https://www.omegle.fyi/ https://www.chatrandom.one/ https://www.bazoocam.fyi
AnnabellePower 8 months ago
My Basketball tournament is coming near and I am preparing for this tournament. I am a little bit worried about this tournament and thanks to you for sharing a blog on how to prepare for the big game. It is really very helpful for me. When I feel stressed, I play online real money games because it makes me feel relaxed. I am searching top casino online in australia and while searching for it online, I have found your post. I will also share it my other friends and I am sure your post will also motivate them.
joe miller 8 months ago
Hallo, mein Bruder bereitet sich auf ein Fußballturnier vor und macht sich solche Sorgen. Ich versuche mein Bestes, um ihn zu motivieren. Ich bin froh, dass ich deinen Beitrag gefunden habe. Ich habe nach einem online casino echtgeld erfahrungen gesucht und als ich in der Google-Suche danach gesucht habe, habe ich Ihren Beitrag gefunden. Ich werde deinen Beitrag auf jeden Fall mit ihm teilen. Ich hoffe, es wird ihn motivieren.
Sports Are Expensive.
We Can Help.